BRAD HOLLANDER and UVC LLC
Since 1976, UVC LLC’s founder, Brad Hollander, has been the leading innovator, inventor consultant and designer of Germicidal disinfection products and systems for air, surfaces, and water.
“Inventor of UVC for HVAC”
Surface and air disinfection systems for COVID SARS-19 and other diseases
- Developed a new technology to disinfect surfaces 24/7 chemical free, an industry first.
- This new product will disinfect surfaces including, handrails, tabletops, bed rails, bathroom hardware, doors handle fixtures and more. (almost any Tough Surface)
Hospitals, cruise ships, food service, hotels, offices, restaurants, busses, and more can benefit by these products.
- This ground-breaking low-cost surface disinfection technology is easy to install, low cost and an industry-first.
- Other industries and products including:
- UV/ ozone/ advanced oxidation, PCO and other disinfection treatment systems for hospitals, health care to combat HAI’s (Hospital Acquired Infections).
- Homes, offices, schools cruise ships, food processing, packaging, pharma, clean rooms, restaurants, hotels, casinos.
Brad has developed and patented products to disinfect air, water and surfaces for over 40 years, He has been instrumental in the writing of regulatory standards in the UV disinfections industry. Currently chairman of UL 8800 regulatory committee. He has also served on voting committees for UL
Independent consultant for companies and manufacturers to develop innovative disinfection products.
UVC LLC offers consulting services to meet the ever-changing disinfection and regulatory compliance environment.
Consultant as an expert witness in patent and product liability cases.
- Member and Chairman of UL regulatory committees for horticulture lighting (Photobiological Hazards UL 8800 for US and Canada).
- Developed safety protocols and systems for the grow industry to provide employees a safe environment from harmful UV and HEV Blue light radiation from grow lights.
- Working with US, Canada and other countries to adopt and educate about the hazards of grow lights.
- Developed hardware solutions to help protect children, homes and small businesses from spying, internet trolls, cameras, voice activated systems, hacking and other threats. (looking to license this technology)
- Invented low-cost solar systems for residential and commercial buildings.
- Invented heat recovery systems for HVAC and water systems.
- Co-wrote the existing safety and application protocols for UV and germicidal light standards with IUVA over 20 years ago.
- Over the years Brad and UVC LLC has invented, developed, manufactured, engineered and sold products and systems in the UV, germicidal and disinfection industries. Patented and manufactured the first UV, HO, VHO and SHO germicidal disinfection lamps.
- Founded Factory Electronics, an electronics design company for UV germicidal and disinfection lamps and systems.
- Invented the modern UVC germicidal treatment system for HVAC, air disinfection, “Kill on the Fly” and surface disinfection.
1980 to 1984
- Developed and manufactured the first High Output UV-C lamp disinfection system for air, fluids, coil treatment and surface disinfection.
- Developed products with copper and other materials for surface disinfection.
- Invented and patented the first high output, low pressure UV-C germicidal disinfection lamps for HVAC, surface treatment, water treatment and waste treatment.
- Developed the first electronic ballast for UV-C disinfection lamps.
- Developed deployable aircraft drop or “haul in” isolation tents for germ warfare, outbreaks, pandemics and bioterrorism.
- Developed the first battery powered/solar powered portable UV-C water treatment system for deployment and epidemics.
- Developed a 12 DC volt (and battery powered) UV-C water treatment system for emerging countries and emergency situations.
- Founded Steril Aire Inc. and acted as Chairman of the board and head of research and development. Steril Aire Inc. became a leader in HVAC UV-C sterilization for HVAC air and coil treatment.
- Acquired 2M private funding and grew the company.
- Developed all Steril Air products until he sold the company to his employees in 1998.
- Founded UVC LLC, a technology company created to develop, manufacture, consult and private label products for the UV and germicidal sterilizing industries worldwide.
- Signed a 7-year contract with International Environmental Corp. to develop, manufacture and private label UV disinfecting and sterilization products for IEC, Carrier, REEM, RUUD, Williams and other companies in the HVAC industry.
- Developed, patented and manufactured the first Waterproof/ Submergible Shatter Proof ETL listed UV-C germicidal lamp and system.
- Developed products for the food processing, HVAC, water treatment, waste treatment, Pharmaceuticals industries and clean rooms.
- Developed and manufactured the first “Food Grade Safe” UV-C lamp disinfection system.
- Developed, manufactured, consulted and installed UV-C disinfection systems for the poultry industry and food processing industries including packaging, sanitation, air, water, waste treatment, raw, cooked and frozen foods.
- Developed, patented and manufactured the first rough service line of UV-C disinfection lamp.
- Developed and manufactured the first self-cleaning line of UV-C disinfection lamps for water, air and surface.
- Developed and manufactured a complete line of electronic ballasts technologies, named Smart Ballast Technology™.
- Developed the first cold environment UV-C disinfection system that operates to -40 degrees F for the food processing industry.
- Developed and installed UV-C/ozone disinfection systems for the wine and beer industry.
- Developed and introduced to the White House and the Defense dept. the TK911 for Anthrax protection of postal workers after the 9/11 attack on our homeland. (The first “Trap and Kill” system that worked for Anthrax)
- Consulted, developed, and manufactured disinfection and sterilization products and controls for water treatment, waste treatment, food processing, product packaging, pollution control and disinfection of equipment and systems. Foster Farms, Petaluma farms and many others.
- Consulted, developed and manufactured “Green Technologies” systems for water treatment, pollution control, sewage treatment and surface disinfection industries by using copper and other intervention technologies.
- Developed systems using ozone and advanced oxidation.
- Developed UV and packaging sterilization systems for the food, Pharma and packaging industries to increase shelf life of products
- Consulted with water treatment companies to improve water quality using UVC and ozone treatment systems.
- Developed systems to increase shelf life and reduce and food poisoning cases for:
- Fish industry
- Poultry and food processing industry
- Retail frozen food industry
- Fruit and vegetable industry
- Water garden industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Horticulture industry
- Clean rooms
- Developed the first high power FAR UV Light Engine Disinfection System from 200 to 222 nm.
Safe for persons eyes and skin but kills disease causing germs
- Founded UV Testing Labs LLC an N.I.S.T. certified testing lab
- Test UV/ ozone, advanced oxidation, lamps and systems
- To prequalify the performance of UV disinfection systems and to comply with UL, ETL, CSA, IEC and CE regulations for UV, Ozone, EMC, RF and other regulatory compliance issues.
- Hired as a consultant to a start-up company Healthy Sole LLC, to design, test and develop a new UV-C disinfection system.
- Designed the first residential shoe sole disinfection system 2014.
- Developed first commercial shoe sole disinfection systems for Hospitals, Pharma, Labs, Food processing, Packaging areas, Clean rooms and the Agriculture industry.
- Received several patents in the US and worldwide.
- Developed the best odor and disinfection control system for medical, grow and other industries using UVC LLC’s Advanced Oxidation Technologies.
- Developed a patent pending Safety Lens Technology tm solution to eliminate up to 99% of harmful UV and HEV Blue light radiation from grow lights, while at the same time letting essential light through to the plants.
- Puts grow houses in compliance for the first time by controlling UV and HEV Blue light radiation “At the Source” and complies with new OSHA, UL CSA and IEC standard in the US and around the world. SGL products works on many fixture models and can be retrofitted to existing installations.
- Developed the first handheld, N.I.S.T. traceable, radiometer for the grow industry. It measures light hazards in UV and HEV Blue light range from 200 to 500 nm, confirming the room’s safety and proving mandatory compliance with regulations.
- Brad was appointed as a voting member of the UL (Underwriter Labs) Standards Committee (STP), which fast tracked new horticulture lighting standards UL 8800 including those that became law.
- He is a co-writer and the lead expert for light exposure safety protocols (Photobiological hazards) for the grow industry.
- Brad was appointed Chairmen to the TG (Task Group) for UL 8800 expanding the current regulations for Photobiological Hazards of UV and infrared light.
- A leading expert and consultant in the fields of disinfection and control of virus, bacteria, mold and spores using UV and other disinfections processes for air, surfaces, water, food processing, and manufacturing.
- Presented solutions to mitigate and control COVID SARS-19 to the DOD and various other agencies.
- Working with building owners, developers, architects, tenants, to disinfect buildings and spaces during the outbreak and after.
- Developed new systems to disinfect N95 face mask and PPE’s for the healthcare industry.
- Developed disinfection systems for first responder, transportation systems, autos and ambulances.
- Consulting with several companies to design and distribute disinfection products for hospitals, health care, offices and homes in the US and Canada for COVID SARS-19
- Participating with several “Think Tanks” in various industries to bring good science practices to the medical industry and building industry for disinfection of COVID SARS- 19 and other air and surface disinfection processes now and into the future.
- Developed a chemical free disinfection system that disinfects Touch Surfaces 24/7 breakthrough product.
- Developed simple decontamination processes for homes, offices, healthcare, and military at a price point everyone can afford.
- Applied for several new patents for disinfection processes for surface disinfection for COVID and other diseases.
- Working with building owners and heath care professional to mitigate the future legal exposure.
- UVC LLC became one of the few EPA registered companies for Antimicrobial products.
- Brad has several patents and patents pending worldwide in fields of UV and other disinfection processes and products.
EPA Number Assignment for UVC LLC